A bedroom is a pretty special room in any dwelling. It’s a kind of sacral room, which is every person’s private space. Its design can vary but the main requirements are to maintain the atmosphere of comfort and tranquility. You should feel yourself as comfortable as possible in your bedroom. It is the basis for the rest and relaxation. Different elements of decor help create a special atmosphere in this room. Some of them are bedroom paintings. We offer you to look over our beautiful selection of the original abstract art that matches any color and design.
Whereas in the past, when choosing paintings for the bedroom, buyers preferred multi-layered heavy oil-paintings on rough canvases. There were mostly portraits or reproductions of famous masters. But today, the tastes have somewhat changed. Basically, paintings for the bedroom are now chosen according to a certain interior and all its nuances. The time when the trend was massive bedroom paintings in a gilded frame is gone. Today’s clients mostly opt for the following pictures:
- Macro. A very popular genre of the bedroom paintings. There are images of dew, insects, grass, flowers and a blurred background. It looks pretty good anywhere in the bedroom, and it’s very soothing.
- Wall murals. Night cities, bridges, skyscrapers, city traffic, or the places you love – these paintings are still relevant for the bedroom.
- Relief engravings and abstraction. The choice of sophisticated buyers that understand and appreciate modern art. You can find many gorgeous abstract paintings at our gallery.
- Cartoons, children’s drawings. This is a perfect option for a kid’s bedroom!
- Mosaic paintings. Suitable for a young person or couple.
What else to consider before the purchase
The module art panels for the bedroom have become very popular lately. It’s an undisputed bestseller at our gallery. It is some motif that is divided into several paintings. Parts of a multi panel canvas can be of different sizes and shapes – most often, they range from two to four.
If you are looking for the calmest and gentlest variants of paintings, it is worth considering the pastel canvas. Their peculiarity is the drawing technique. Initially, the chalk dust is applied on the canvas and that gives additional softness and stillness to the colors. The refined watercolor is one of the most complex drawing techniques. Watercolor paintings in the bedroom can be recommended for the Provence, English and classical styles in the interior.
The artworks that are made with smear techniques, performed with oil or acrylic paints, are in demand at our gallery. These paintings are vivid and dynamic, however they are completely non-aggressive. The only requirement is that the bedroom should be quite large because it is hard to overview the motif at a close distance.
If you are a fan of the Art Nouveau, you can try to hang many paintings of different sizes on the same wall of your bedroom. A certain chaos is welcomed as a lack of order. It makes a kind of illusion of a light disorder that is a sign of modernity. In addition, it is allowed to mix regular paintings with textile, lace, silk or velvet compositions. This decoration will be very appropriate for the Art Nouveau or Provence style. Regular cross embroidered panels in a thin metal frame are quite popular as well.
What is worth to hang in the bedroom and what’s not
At our gallery, we recommend to pay attention to both the color range of the paintings and their compatibility with the overall decoration of the room. Also it’s also worth taking into account in whose bedroom the canvas will be placed. Our recommendations are quite simple:
- Paintings with swans, red or white roses, portraits of the couple in silhouette technique are ideal for newlyweds. We have quite a few paintings that are worth considering!
- Portraits of dead relatives, like any other strangers, aren’t the best choice for any bedroom. It’s a bad energy and the sense of strangers’ presence in your relaxation room. If you are expecting a child, you can hang pictures of babies or small children in the bedroom.
It’s always easier to choose paintings by color range. They should be in match with other elements of decoration, furniture, curtains, wallpaper. We do not recommend hanging pictures of single objects in the marital bedroom. If it’s a single swan, you should buy a second similar painting and hang it next to the first one. Otherwise, such canvas cause couples to feel distant from each other. Don’t mix different styles in the same bedroom! Art Nouveau canvases, laconic landscapes and huge historical paintings in a massive gilded frame on the same wall might look ridiculous.
If you have allergies in your family, then you should pay attention to the paint type. For example, the canvas for oil painting requires prior priming by special solvents, varnishes and fixtures. These images can release toxins at home for some time. It can be quite harmful to allergic patients or young children. It would be better to opt for photographic paintings or acrylic paintings with no foreign materials. Anyway, our consultants will gladly answer your question and offer you safe options to choose from.
You can buy acrylic and oil bedroom paintings at our Trendgallery at the best price and with free shipping. We can help you visualize the selected abstract art at your wall. Just choose the right one from a full catalogue of paintings.
We wish you pleasant purchases!