The successful work of today’s office staff goes beyond their personal expertise. An external stimulus is needed to motivate them to do a good job. A positive and well-decorated interior can become such stimulus. White walls and laconic design are no longer used in the premises where people strive for success, where they do not limit their desires or set limits on their capabilities.
Whatever the skeptics may say, a beautiful, cozy and even chic atmosphere in the office increases productivity greatly and improves the staff’s inner harmony. Office paintings might help transform the atmosphere, create a successful business environment and boost the mood big time.
Entrust your office decoration to the specialists
If you are interested in decorating your office with paintings, you should consult with a designer or fully trust their services. The specialist will consider such factors as creation of the sense of smaller or larger space, philosophy of the company and successfully reflect it with properly chosen paintings.
Starting to select which paintings to hang in the office? Then take the influence of their color on the work of employees into account! Red and yellow are considered stimulating colors. Green and blue are classified as soothing. The composition of black and white colors helps develop the sense of strength and power. At our gallery, you can find different styles of paintings that meet all these requirements. There are urban, marine, Mediterranean landscapes, flowers and still lives.
It is allowed to decorate offices with paintings of bright colors. But you should choose extremely intense shades carefully. If the shades such as orange neon or Yale blue are in the selected paintings, it is necessary to place them correctly in order to avoid unnecessary tension on people. Of course, the choice of color and its intensity depends on the type of company’s activity.
Abstractions are some of the most popular office paintings. It is very convenient, because abstract figures and spots of color cannot be tied to a particular office or specific office style. They can always be changed, moved, replaced with others without impacting the overall office style. The selection of paintings is usually oriented on universal color accents.
Where to hang paintings in the office?
When looking at the placement of paintings in the office, the design of their frames and baguettes should also be taken into account. The main role of the frames is often in emphasizing the floral compositions and plants in the office. And a particular office environment will tell you which paintings to hang there according to their size, budget and the chosen art style. Each painting will find its correct place, whether in the hall, the work-rooms of the employees or the chief’s office.
How to choose a painting for the office right?
The laws of time management determine how the work-rooms and office premises should be decorated. According to them, there should be no paintings, stained glass or decorative panels on the walls of the offices of your employees. As well as illustrated calendars, posters and flyers. Don’t you believe? Then let us quote some figures. According to them, an average office worker loses the following quantity of hours during the year when starring at:
- Picture (nature or landscape) – up to 80 hours;
- Stained glass or decorative panels – up to 30 hours;
- Illustrated calendars (especially with holiday images) – up to 140 hours;
- Posters – up to 30 hours.
So, count how much time all of your employees spend looking at a picture. One painting steals exactly one person’s working time per year. Don’t want to pay your staff knowing that? However, many executives are not ready to decline paintings definitively, considering (and quite rightly) that without them the office space will become too banal. In this case, time managers suggest using five simple rules to select paintings. These rules will not completely rid you of the loss of working time but at least minimize it.
- The picture should be as large as possible. The picture whose dimensions are greater than 1.50m x 1.50m is subconsciously perceptible as a part of the wall and does not hold the attention.
- It has to be written in an abstract manner, so that nothing on it can remind real things. You can find a perfect one at our gallery.
- It would be better to choose a picture painted on a white background and consisting of bright (but not quite) spots of rainbow color. Such paintings soothe, relax, and thus quickly restore lost strength and attention.
- Dark paintings with stripes and sharp corners have a depressing effect on people who are forced to look at them and can cause stress. It is calculated, that interpersonal conflict occurs four times more in the rooms with similar images than in the places without such paintings.
- Also don’t opt for highlighting pictures and using any frames. It can draw attention even to a completely empty canvas, forcing to look at it for ten minutes or even more.
And last but not least, hang paintings at the backside of the employees’ tables. That way they won’t have to stare directly at it. As a result, the picture that’s hanging behind their backs will turn into a «white stain on the wall» after 14 days and almost won’t draw the attention.